Friday, January 21, 2011

Discrimination?

I didn't realize myself take that by heart, that I woke up early in the morning, recalling what they said, just like that. I thought I've been in this country long enough to be immune from discrimination - remember there was once when I was chatting with the ward doctor (a british who was born and brought up in the uk, and of India origin), I told him I don't care about (racial/colour) discrimination anymore, I'd just take it, because we're all human and it's normal to discriminate (in other word, it's just "categorizing"), I even gave him an example that through the 3+ years part time job that I've got during Uni, White people from this country are certainly far more lazy than others (and are only good in "talking" instead of "doing"), and I said "see? I discriminate them as well".

Yesterday came in a shift realized my favourite colleague was sent out to do two community leaves during one shift, and somehow I felt they bullied her, of course I didn't put it that way, but when she came in, I just said XXX you're a star!!. Then the other two started to tease me, saying "look at you". I know they were joking, but still I told them I came in 4 shifts in a row, and going out every single shift, which they didn't really listen to. The two person who teased me, one was a nursing assistant who never really does community leave, and whenever she is put down to do it, she would pick the person that she wants to take (and there are only 2 of them), or else she would do whatever to get herself out of it. While another is a qualified who probably has done only 1-2 community leave since the ward started 6 months ago. Opps, I forgot - both are Whites.

The whole incident was behind my mind all day long. I really didn't realize I actually mind it. It seems like my brain didn't manage to resolve the conflict feelings through dreams (a theory by Griffin & Tyrrell), so I was waken up and ... decided to blog about it ha ha.

And yes, I feel better. =)

1 comments:

CK said...

Good one.
So it's British who are lazy or the Whites? :x

Post a Comment