Monday, December 14, 2009

Zany Bridge


In the year of 2007, Kian, Limpeh, Joyce, Michelle, Bpeng and me went to a 12 day Europe trip together. During that period, the 4 of them have been really into a game - Bridge. And they have taught us some basics of it. I need to say that I had not really mastered the game during that short period, and didn't understand why they were so into it.

Then during the final exam period of 2008, Peiman introduced us an online gaming site -Viwawa. I saw my previous blog that we were like playing mahjung etc nearly every night.. HAHA (exam period ma..). After that, I couldn't remember when, but I noticed the Zany Bridge in the list of games and started trying it myself. Then I started on off playing it and until this year become really addicted to it during assignments/dissertation peak period..

Actually I've always wanted to blog about this, especially in writing guide so that I could have real life friends to play with me... (I miss playing with real cards as well =/) As I would say, none of the games in vww is (that) addicting, its only zany, an intellectual game that I would say you could hardly master it, and that you would always find ways to improve yourself, and enjoy differently when you play with different "level" players. The thing is the game is kind of complicated, if we were to put everything in words (and it's not the one you could search on Wikipedia), yet I think viwawa forum can provide you some basics.

Why am I talking about all these suddenly? Coz I was clearing my laptop earlier and I found some screen shots.. I learnt this from another player rainb0w81, that she always print screen whenever some special or weird stuff, bugs take place.. And I found these which are what we would call "sure win" in min 4 games (minimum bid of 4) that we play. (I dont really know the purpose of printing these screens, so i guess the only thing I could do is to put it in my blog, although I clearly doubt how many readers can understand what those hands mean >"<)


This is what we call 2-suit (also could have bidded 5nt).
For me, it's a hand that's impossible to lose,
yet my partner (tas) has got the ability to make this sure win game.. lose = =
as that was just he and me who had hearts, and he kept throwing hearts, so the opponents kept trump and ended up wasted all my heart set.


This is also 2-suit. but rely less on the 2nd (non-trump) suit..


could hardly lose..

I wonder how awful the other's hands are.. xD

These 3 hands, are the sure-win hand for 5NT (including a set winning by partner)

O.O

10 Trumps!! (if playing got trumps la, but I bidded 5NT- i.e. No Trump), called Ace dia, which was rain, and we got all 13 sets.
There is a player who played more than 30k games, and he said he has got 10 trumps only for once!!
But so far I've got twice already.
p.s. these players (rainb0w81, csyuan, ariel_23) are awesome.. are also those that I spent most of my time to play with.. as I seldom play with random people anymore.. and another one is Sissywawa.

Obviously very crazy and imbalanced hand.. =D
me and Lilbarbie got 13 sets too..


So... can anyone understand what I'm talking about? xD
Anyway, all those hands that were shown are just the best part of loads game played (i.e. you would hardly see cards as good as those), and luck is just a very small part of zany bridge, especially when you play a lot, what matters is always skills.
And finally... let me know if you want to learn.. if I can't teach, I can probably find you a good tutor.. =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment