Saturday, January 02, 2010

Adoption of Puppies


I received an email entitled "Adoption of Puppies" on 1st of January. Initially, I thought it was either advertisement or scam, as I couldn't recognize that email address (XXXX000j at something dot com, the XXXX was an English name). The message was as followed

Hello,
My Name is XXXX Jones, I and my husband are on a Christian
Mission to Africa and I came along with our Teacup Yorkshire Terrier
Babies and English Bulldog.After a While, I notice that the African
Weather isnot good forthe puppies.I need someone to adopt both and take
care ofthem.They are AKC REGISTERED: TEACUP. HOME RAISED, VACINES &
HEALTH GUARANTEED.


I was simply curious and wonder how she has got my email, so I replied and told her that I would like to look at the pictures of the puppies. Especially I just heard from a friend who met scam in KL yesterday, and really want to know whether this person is sincere or what she really wants from me. And I've got her reply today:

Hello,

I really appreciate your response.My husband and I are currently in the Republic of Benin Africa on missionary work we're visiting 5 countries!

Right now there are so many factor's and the weather in africa will is too hot for them and I don't want them to suffer in anyway. I have been praying to have someone who can take good care of them and give them all the love in the world. That's all they want.. We're due for more travel to some remote part of west africa and I cannot risk taking them along as I know it will have adverse effect on them, health wise.

I attached the pictures of my puppies,the little girl(Katty) is 1.9lbs and while the male(Rolly) is weigh 2lbs,both are 12 weeks old they should be to 3 to 4lb range full grown and (Lula) the bulldog is 13weeks old they are all potty trained and very friendly with children,Can you tell me alittle bit more about you? and let me know the hours when dog would be left alone?

please email me i am anxious in find my babies a new home.They're lovely puppies will come along with all necessary health paper work and Vet Record,Birth Certificate,Shot Book,Travel Crate,Toys And Foods.

Hope to read from you.
XXXX wood


The first time I read it, I felt she was really sincere, and when I looked at the pictures that she attached, I swear I really start thinking how I could help (obviously I won't be able to adopt them) and started feeling a bit guilty that I've given her hope by replying her first email! She showed that she really cares about the doggies, and wants to know more about me and hence to know the time those doggies would be left alone.

Did you spot anything suspicious yet?

My email was registered when I was in Malaysia, and I'm currently in the UK. She is in Africa, but where is she from? Does she know where I am at the moment? How is she going to "send" or "pass" me those doggies? I thought this should be an important issue but why is she not mentioning it at all? OK, she might be sending me, well, somehow, that's still possible, right? (I'm not sure, I heard people sending pets from UK to the China and it took few months and the pets would really had had enough to suffer)

Secondly, the initial email she told me she was xxxx Jones, but within a day (guess she divorced get married to Mr Wood?), she is now xxxx Wood.

The initial motive of this post, is to help searching owners for the puppies (although I'm aware the readers of my blog are either UK students who would rather spend their money on shopping or good food or people in Malaysia):


Lula

Katty and Roly.

Lovely, aren't they? I really don't want to google images (of puppies/bull dog/dogs) and find out they are actually pictures from world wide web. = =

What do you think?

4 comments:

LiJi Ng said...

买啊,你的同类耶 XDXD

Nick尼克仔 said...

Give me five lizzie~
just buy it~
look like you leh~
muahahaha~

huibee said...

TWO OF YOU!!
thanks god I love dogs or I would say you both are god damn rude! =/

not buy la! see title! adoption!
if this lady was sincere, they are actually in very difficult situation..

Mary said...

These emails are scams. You can do boat loads of research and find the same stories of these missionaries needing to give up their dogs for a fee and contact Reverend so and so.

SCAM

Post a Comment